Monday, June 17, 2013

365 polish for a year challenge: day 360-365

We are finally here! My last five looks to finish up doing a year of polish! I still have a ton more to try out too! I think I'll keep this blog up, but not an every day thing. I must admit it got a bit overwhelming at times. I am going to take some time off for my wedding and honeymoon from the blog. But while away you know I'm going to be looking for new nail polish out there!
My final five looks (now seeing them) have a lot of yellow, three of them to be correct. Ok, here we go!

Brand: Jordana
Name: Mellow Yellow
coats: 3
pigment: a simple yellow
price: $1.99
 This bottle has been hanging around for a while, and I finally gave in and used this lovely color. I put a layer of white under to make the color look a bit brighter. 


Brand:Ulta
Name: Limelight
coats: 3
pigment: a medium green
price: $2.00 (on sale)
 
 I was a little disappointed with this color. It just seemed so thin and really didn't dry with a lot of shine. I was a bit upset because I've had great results with other Ulta polishes. Maybe it was just a different formula. The color is beautiful in the bottle, but very thin when applied.
 
Brand: Funky Fingers
Name: Like Clockwork
coats: 3
pigment: a bright neon orange
price:3/ $5.00

Oh, hello bright ass neon! This color looks a bit on the yellow side, and it looks that way in real life. I grabbed this bad boy up a few weeks ago feeling the neons of summer calling me. I used a base of white polish to help this color pop a bit more. I had great results with this polish, a must have for summer.
 
Brand: Sinful Colors
Name: Secret Admirer 
coats: 2
pigment: a black polish with small silver glitter
price: $1.99
 
 I picked this color up a longgggg time ago. I can't even tell you when. I can tell you I was super surprised with how much I love this polish! I was worried that it would dry bumpy and grainy, but instead it was shiny,smooth and glossy.
 
 I wanted to add a bit of color to this beautiful polish. I grabbed one of my favorite plate patterns and some Sally Hansen Insta-dri Brisk Blue and came up with this look. A lot of people said I should have done yellow and added a bee, but I am perfectly fine with the way this came out.
 
Brand:Fresh Paint
Name: Alex's Lemonade
coats: 2
pigment: a pale yellow
price:3/ $5.00
One last yellow, I swear. This is the scented polish that I picked up in my last haul. It smelled so awesome, seriously I couldn't stop smelling my nails! It was a smooth application with a pleasant scent instead of the normal polish scent I'm use to.
 I took my nails and turned them into a bit of Wonder Bread nails. I hit them with blue, red and orange dots near the cuticles. I thought the look was playful and simple.

Thank you everyone that has commented, followed, and like my nail adventures on here and my social media. I hope I can dedicate more time to it after the wedding!
 See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !
 
 
 
 

1 comment: