Wednesday, March 20, 2013

365 polish for a year challenge: day 272-278

Hello everyone! Wow I have had a very good few days! I want to share with you all that I got myself a new job! I start next month! Getting flown down to Florida to do some training, and then back up here to start up my new career! I can't really go into details about it, but I will tell you what my new job is when I can tell you (yes it's a secret!) So, onto more great news, it's the first day of Spring! Yes mother nature/ father winter played a mean joke on the North East yesterday by sending us 6 inches of snow! We have sunshine today, so I'm ok with that now. Enough chit chat, onto the polish!

 
 
 
Brand:  Simple Pleasure
Name:  N/A
coats: 4
pigment:a thin medium green polish
price: $2.99/7pc set (clearance)
 This polish went on very smoothly, and did dry a bit lumpy/matte. so I hit it with a top coat to help smooth it out and to add a bit of shine. This was the look I was sporting on St Patrick's Day. I am Irish, and I proudly wore green and enjoyed some very delicious cornbeef and cabbage! 
 To add a bit of a pot of gold into this manicure I added a gold accent nail.  After looking at my nails I decided to go back to a matte finish on the green nails so I hit them with a matte top coat. I think it looks nice and helps the gold stand out just a little bit more.
 
Brand: Pure Ice
Name:  Naughty Girl
coats: 3
pigment:a bright metallic orange
price: $1.98
 I  asked my Mom what color I should paint my nails next, and of course she chose her favorite color...orange. So I went into my orange polish section and found this hidden gem tucked away in there. I've had this polish since last year, but totally forgot about it! It was a nice metallic orange with some flair to it. My only problem is that the polish did finish with some brush streaks, but I can overlook that with the beautiful metallic finish.


Brand: Loreal
Name:  Valiant
coats: 2
pigment:a mixed metallic platinum polish
price: $1.49 (clearance)
This was a polish that I got last year when Loreal re-did their bottle cap designs. This polish has amazing coverage and a beautiful metallic shine. I could have got full coverage with just one coat, but I went over one more time just to be sure I didn't have any thin spots on my nails.
 
Brand: Sally Hansen
Name:  Twisted Pink
coats:3
pigment:a bright pink with a gold metallic shimmer
price: $2.49
 
 Oh this is a hot pink. This is a total eye-catching, in your face, screaming out loud hot pink! I was in the mood to try this color on to do an ombre design with a dark color at the tips. I think it worked out well.
 
 
 Here is the tips done with a deep metallic black color. I think it looks nice with the two colors blending together. I think it looks really cool how it starts dark and then sparkles off into the hot pink. I need to mix different colors more often to get some new ombre looks going.
 
Brand: Color Club
Name:  Blue-ming
coats: 3
pigment:a sweet pastel blue
price: $9.99/7pc set
 Here we have a lovely pastel blue from Color Club. I found out that I got a set from their 2012 collection with all the pastel colors, I can't remember what  collection it's from. But I did find all the polish names for them, and well that really helps! I just did 3 coats of the beautiful pastel blue to help bring in the season right!
 
 
Brand: Pure Ice
Name:  Black Out
coats: 2
pigment:a simple black polish
price: $1.98
 
I had big plans for this black, but the end result wasn't that good. I did post it up on Instagram, but I want to just keep it a simple black polish for now. Nothing special other than it's Pure Ice and the polish is awesome.
 See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment