Friday, March 29, 2013

365 polish for a year challenge: day 286 & 287

Hey everyone! This is going to be a super quick post. I've been feeling under the weather for the past few days. I caught a cold somewhere and I've been feeling very meh. I did have a chance to do my nails yesterday and today to cheer myself up a bit. I've also been enjoying naps, tea and chicken noodle soup. Please forgive me for the short update, but my bed is calling me, and I need to answer that call soon ;D

Brand: Wet N' Wild
Name: Sugar Coat
coats:2
pigment:a light ballet pink
price: $1.99

 A simple and very light pink. Looks nude like this, but once I started sponging the color with others it showed that it was just a very very light pink. I wanted this base color to show off an Easter/Spring manicure. I had something in mind that came out very nicely.

I forgot to take a photo with just the gradient/ombre nail with my camera. If you want to see it check out my instagram page  here. I sponged on different pastel colors on the the tips and then used Mash plate 45 with a flower design on all of my nails to match the pastel colors with a brighter polish. I think this looks came out beautifully and so playful!

Brand: Confetti
Name:  Bayou Blue
coats:2
pigment:a bright sky blue
price: $1.99

 Here we have a beautiful sky blue polish. I do like Confetti polish, I just wish they released more colors to their line. I have a few limited edition glitter polishes, but have not seen anything new from them since Christmas.
To add a bit of extra fun to this polish I decided to use a nail foil called Opal. This has a beautiful opal like effect over the nail. My only complaint is that you can see that it looks like a plastic overlay, even with the glue and a topcoat to seal it. I think it would beautiful in the sun, so I might give that foil one more go. I'm off to make some tea and grab that nap now!
  See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !

No comments:

Post a Comment