Friday, June 29, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 10

Look at this! Double digits already!Welcome to day 10 everyone! Now I have never used this brand before but I have heard good things about it! Shall we?
 
Brand: Funky Fingers
Name: Volts
coats:3
pigment: Medium thickness with a bright pigment.
price: $2.00 for a bottle or 3/$5.00
 
 Now this color is kinda hard to take a photo of. The top photo is the most true to color of all of the photos I took. In the bottle it looks brighter, but dries darker.
 A nice medium thickness. Reminds me of the brand Ultra Pro (you can find them at Sally's Beauty) and I remember getting a color much like this one. I must also tell you this color dries matte, I put a glossy coat over it to make it shine baby!
 To go with this amazing blue I grabbed a bright pink, and made my nails into cotton candy fun! I also added a line of gold to bring a little pop between the colors.

 Another amazing color, this pink by Pure Ice is gorgeous, and this coming from someone that isn't a pink fan at all!
colors I used from left to right:
 Funky Fingers Volt
Pure Ice Flirt Alert
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails strengthener
 
Funky Fingers (from what I've seen) you can only purchase at 5 Below. In researching the brand all I found out is that they don't have a website and are put out by the same company that makes Color Club polish. So not bad. The polish did start to thicken as I kept doing my nails, so I did have to stop and cover the bottle and give it a little shake. But honestly, I didn't mind doing that, this color is so beautiful and the price is just amazing. I hope they release new colors soon!
Oh one more thing! (Well really two) on Twitter I was retweeted by the Sally Hansen page and Jordana commented on my mani I did with their nail polishes! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my community page on Facebook !
And just a reminder I am on vacation next Friday, so I am planning on posting 1 nail art design and reviewing 3 colors in it. See everyone tomorrow!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment