Tuesday, June 26, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 7

Today marks a full week of fun nail polish! I'm so excited to have made it a full week with some great designs and new followers thanks to one of my favorite beauty sites nouveaucheap. Well let's get day 7 started!

Brand:  Jordana
Name: 029 Hot Pink
coats: 3
pigment:medium thickness  with a pink metallic shimmer
price: under$2.00
 
 I know I'm not the only one that is loving the whole neon craze right now. Bold, bright and eye-catching nails are so in for the summer season, so why not rock a hot pink?
 I picked this color up a few months back in a costume shop in the heart of Boston. It's been hard to find different nail polish brands, but now and again I get lucky and can find a line not carried in drug stores.  This polish went on smooth, I did put a coat of white polish one before I put the pink on to really make it pop

tip: want a bright color to pop? Put a coat of white or silver on after you apply the color, it helps it stand out more. Plus, you won't have to use as many coats since it will help the color stick out more

 While I was doing my nails we had a huge thunderstorm hit our area, so I decided in honor of the flashing and crashing outside I'd add gold sharp tips with it altering on the ring finger.
 For the gold I used Pure Ice 313CP. It has no name, but it is a nice metallic gold shimmer that went so well with the pink!
 Here are the polishes I used from left to right:
Jordana Hot Pink 029
Pure Ice 313CP
NYC quick dry top coat
Sally Hansen Hard As Nail White Tip

I hope you enjoyed today's mani, and I'm not a pink person (green is my favorite color) but I this was such a fun and playful pink, how could I say no? Oh also, don't forget to follow me on twitter and "like" my page on facebook . Thanks for reading, visit tomorrow for day 8!!

No comments:

Post a Comment