Monday, October 8, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 111

Hello all! I was off on Vermont this weekend check out some places, so I had to put up scheduled posts. So if you follow me on FB you might have noticed no photo updates. But I'm back with another season inspired mani. Now I've been talking over designs with a few coworkers, one that is into crafts as much as I am into nail polish. She she helped me figure out the background color for some cauldron nails. 
 
 
 
Brand: Sally Hansen
Name:  Lively Lilac
coats: 2
pigment: a light almost pastel purple with silver sheer metallic undertone
price: $2.49
 
 This is a beautiful and calming purple. It has a great metallic undertone. I almost didn't get this color, but now look at it I'm glad I did.

 I was worried it would be to thin and sheer and would require more coats even though it is part of the Insta-dri collection (I have 1 polish I've tried in that line so far that has disappointed me with sheer coverage) But I was glad to see it only took 2 coats to get full coverage

 So here are my little bubbling cauldrons. I had green bubbles floating up and out of it like a witch's brew. I added a streak of gray to give the cauldron some rounded shape.  The black is Orly Liquid Vinyl, and the gray is Barielle U-Concrete-Me.
 I used a lot of greens so  here they are in a lineup, from left to right
I only Eat Salads
Green With Envy
Posh
Hyde Park

overall I had fun with this manicure, I just wish I could have added more details to the cauldron. Also I really like how the purple and greens work so well off of each other, mad props go out to my coworker for suggesting a light purple background color.
 See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment