Saturday, September 15, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 88

 My fiancee suggested another crackle look. He said why not try black polish with a white crackle? I changed it up a bit, a metallic black/gray base color with a metallic blue crackle, I think it came out cute! I did try the white crackle on my pinky, but the cracks weren't having the black base color show a lot. So I repainted my nail and went with a bright blue crackle. Also forgive my sloppy application, I took the photos before cleaning, I didn't look close to see if it needed it or not.
 
Brand: Wet N' Wild
Name:  When The Sun Goes Down
coats: 3
pigment:a metallic black almost gray
price: $.88
 



 This is one of the WNW colors i found at Job Lots, I think it was from a previous Halloween collection they had out a year or so ago. i must say this color was very thin and a little hard to work with.  
 The color is very beautiful but the formula was very thin and very hard to work with.
 
To help accent this color I used Pure Ice Strike A Pose over the polish. An odd thing happened when I used it. The crackle caused my polish by my cuticles to dry up and and shrink away from my cuticles leaving a rather large gap in between my cuticle and polish.
 
 I like having my polish go down just near the cuticle and not have major gaps between the two. The look came out cute but I had to try and touch up the gap with a little of the blue crackle, so it did cause a bit of a sloppy looking (not cleaned up) application. Oh well, I still love the color combo.
See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !en finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment