Friday, August 3, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 45

 So I have been told by about three people to rock a watermelon nail, please do a watermelon nail...well you finally get your watermelon nails! Now I was a bit stumped, I didn't want to copy everyone out there. So it took me a bit of encouragement and a super "duh" moment to realize I could use some of my nail beads for the seeds! Here it is, you finally get your juicy watermelon nails!!
 Brand:Loreal
Name: Amazon's Flare
coats:3
pigment:a bright vibrant pink
price: $2.00
 As a base I started off with one of my favorite lines, Loreal! I picked up Amazon's Flare at Job Lot's a while back. It was a sheer polish so it needed 3 coats. I let the polish fully dry.
 This is a bright but not to the point of being neon pink, a lovely shade
 Next I used my french tip stickers and filled them in with Sally Hansen's Green With Envy, a perfect color for the middle shade. I hit that with a fast drying top coat
 I used this polish a few days back, you know how I love my green!
 Next I went over the tips (freehand) with Sinful Colors Worn Before nail art brush, adding the darker tips
 My watermelon nails are almost done, one more step!
 Now for the seeds! I dug into my art tools and found my collection of teardrop beads, and used the black ones for the seeds!
 I feel this make the whole look unique and real to life. Adds a bit of texture and realness to the design! I am so happy with how it came out! Adorable and fun! Thank you everyone for the nail design suggestion! So happy with the end design!
  See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment