Thursday, August 30, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 72

I left myself plenty of time to do my nails today! I watched "Exit Through The Gift Shop" yesterday, a film on street art. It inspired me to try splatter nails for the first time. I've seen this design done before and wanted to give it a go. I needed a dark background color, so I reached for a Sally Hansen Insta-dri color that would work perfectly!
 
 
Brand: Sally Hansen
Name:In A Flurry
coats:2
pigment: a blak polish with small multi-colored glitter
price:$ $1.44 (clearance)

 Here is my super shimmer polish. Now you can see the polish did go on thin near my cuticles, but the design is going to cover it so I was ok with it.
 I must say the polish was much thinner than I was expecting. It went on sheer and had to add a 2nd coat to achieve full coverage. But overall this is a super cute polish, I love anything with glitter in it!
 Now I followed this tutorial. I put my own twist on it using a dark background, the colors I wanted and a dotting tool instead of a toothpick. This was super easy to do, and you get to be a little creative with color. Also doing a sloppy paint job in this mani kinda works.
 For the paint splatters I used Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime
Sally Hansen Snappy Sorbet
 Jordanna Boy Oh Boy
Last but not least Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac. I almost added a pink instead of purple, but kept with purple. I love how the glitter in the background give its an almost spray paint effect. I've been putting this mani off for some long thinking it would be hard, but I can say this is one of my favorite manicures that I have even done!
See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !

No comments:

Post a Comment