Sunday, August 19, 2012

365 polish for a year challenge: day 61

So I wanted to try out my little glitter plan. I wanted to see if I could achieve a fish scale look with this round blue glitter, so I grabbed a like colored polish and gave it a try. I was so excited to try this out that I forgot to take a photo of my left hand before I put the glitter on (oops!) So photos of the right hand with just the polish, and left hand with the glitter.
  
 
Brand: Sally Hansen
Name: Brisk Blue
coats:2
pigment: a happy and well pigmented sky blue
price: $2.00
 

 Oh you can't ever go wrong with a sky blue. You really can't go wrong with a fast drying formula either. The Insta-dri line is one of my go-to polish lines when i want to get a quick mani and not have to wait for the dry time. It's well pigmented that it took more or less a coat and a half to touch up a few edges.

 I hope they keep releasing new colors in this line. I know they've released limited edition colors in the past few months, but I hope to see more basic line colors pop up. Such a great formula, if you haven't tried it I suggest you do.

 Now onto my fish scale nail. I started at the bottom and one glitter at a time I placed it on my nail going up, hitting the nail with a small amount of top coat for the glitter to stick. Now some of the blue polish did pop onto some of the glitter because I didn't wait for it to dry (help it stick) and I pressed down a bit to hard.


 Now looking at the mani I think I should have done a teal or got different glitter flakes. But it did achieve the look I was going for, kinda a mermaid nail. Overall cute look, and I have more than enough glitter left over to do crafts and a ton of nails with!
See everyone tomorrow and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on facebook !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment